CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Evacuation - Procrastination

Updates, updates. A lot has been going on around here. Bullet form, sorry.

  • Had a last weekend trip with my first host family
    • We went to an uncle's farm where there were over 80 horses. I will have to post pictures later..
  • Switched families, successfully
    • I switched with Skylie, another RYE student. Her family consists of a mother and father only. They are totally my type of people, the love to read, watch foreign films, live in peace. LOVE IT. They work at home so I generally have the days to myself and as long as I tell them what's up I can pretty much do whatever.
  • Made up with my sister (whether this was because it was my last night there or because she was actually sorry I will never know but I feel better about it nonetheless)
    • We talked it out and in the last moments we exchange stuffed animals! ahaha
  • Practiced the Christmas music for the 'concert' with the rest of the band
    • Uhm. Not sure what to say about this and still be positive. It came together at the very last moment. Last Friday we played together for the first time, though not everyone was there. Then again on Monday and Tuesday and the concert was Wednesday.
  • Preformed at the 'concert'
    • Yea. We weren't awesome but I suppose it could have been a lot worse. We were equivalent to the fifth or sixth grade band under Mr. V's direction.
  • Was released from school for Christmas break!
    • After school ended (around 11am) I took the bus to Quito and surprised Nik at school. I hung out for awhile and then walked to Kaeti's house, surprised her, took her to Quicentro, and then returned to Nik's school. Afterwords went home and basically read Maya Angelou and went to sleep.
Yea. That's about it.

We're having a Christmas party on Sunday for all of the Rotary Exchange kids. I am pretty excited..

Which reminds me.
Christmas gifts.

They feel like the root of all evil right now. Seriously am not looking forward to shopping. Christmas shouldn't be about the material gifts. It needs to be about family. And when you're lacking your real family it makes it considerably less enjoyable to go shopping. It just doesn't seem fun. BUT. Not to worry, I am going shopping today.

16 Days Until My Birthday!
19 Days Until My Family Comes!!

More excited about the latter but my first birthday in a foreign country should be amazing. Plans as of now are the following:

Morning - Hang with the family.
American Lunchtime - Hang with friends in El Parque Metropolitano
Evening - Party! Ahaha ya gotta stick with the traditional Ecuadorian 18th birthday parties.

anna

0 comments: